Portugal Homes, part of the Harland & Poston Group Marketing team is growing and we need one more ninja willing to work, learn and grow with us!
Our Group is formed by a group of brands specialized in investment consulting, real estate, travel, and tourism. In addition to the offices in Lisbon, the Algarve, and Dubai we will soon also open international offices in Hong Kong, London, and Istanbul. The Portugal Homes - Harland & Poston Group team is composed of multi-disciplined, highly qualified, and specialised professionals who perform their duties with confidence and responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer, responsible for managing front-end and back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Fluent in English and responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
You will also be responsible for writing the custom-made code, not only working with frameworks.
• At least five years of experience in working with PHP;
• Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel and Codeigniter;
• Proficiency with SQL/MySQL databases and their declarative query languages;
• Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP;
• Understanding of MVC design patterns and deep technical understanding of RESTful API’s
• Good knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Java programming;
• Solid background in building scalable distributed products optimised for speed and performance and practical experience with Caching;
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance, knowing how to implement them for best performance and safety;
• Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions;
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system;
• Good knowledge of XML files creation and implementation;
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds;
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes;
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or Bitcbucket;
• Ability to code page for performance, following SEO best practice, given by the Marketing Team
• Passionate about writing well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the codebase in check;
• Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, payment processors, etc);
• Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas;
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
• Comfortable working in an English-speaking & agile environment;
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken);
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers and developing or upgrading front-end solutions when needed
• Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules, by the latest standards and best practices
• Improve the existing code on the existing projects and create new projects with well documented code,
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges, considering page speed, application security, and others
• Basic and/or extended management of our dedicated Apache server
• Integration of data storage solutions, connecting, manipulating, and optimising the way the data are presented on the pages across the projects,
• Write “clean”, well-designed, and well-documented code,
• Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality,
• Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle,
• Provide rigorous analysis of the websites or web page requirements, including the brainstorm sessions and present your own ideas for new projects and revamp the existing one
• Testing and improving existing solutions and building new ones, following the latest trends and best practices.
What we offer:
• A competitive salary for the right candidate
• Work in a multidisciplinary team
• Help and support from the Marketing team
• A fast-moving exciting environment
How to apply:
Send your CV/resumé in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to the position you're applying for in the email's subject.
*Note: We're looking for someone living in Lisbon, or willing to relocate with the eligibility to work in Portugal to start as soon as possible.